Sunday, August 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I have been baking WAY to many cupcakes. So in a vain attempt not to eat the cupcakes I've been baking I made some PB cupcakes since I have a mild allergy to peanuts and can't eat them without breaking out in hives. I used a basic vanilla cupcake recipe and added some chocolate chips that I coated in PB and than tossed in flour (so they wouldn't sink to the bottom, it worked!) Now the frosting was such a pain in the neck! It was so think that I couldn't even pipe it! I had to use my offset spatula and smooth it out into a dome shape. It was hard to work with but in the end I think they looked really sweet.

6 comments:

  1. They look amazing! I think I love the frosting like that; it is so smooth and tasty looking! and the flowers are amazing! How did you make them? Nice work my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! they're marzipan (it's all I could find at the grocery store!) I used a set of Wilton cutters I got at Michael's and played around with them until I got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great :) and thanks for the comment today in regards to my badditude about blogging hehe I am feeling much better now so thank you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You everyone! I'll be updating everything soon, I've been super busy with a move! (<3 LittleBitsCupcakes)

    ReplyDelete